Monday 23 January 2012

Shapewear Be Gone!!

So today I completed Pre Season Task 3 – Take Control Set your Goal .  One of my 3 month goals (which will take us through to the end of this 12week program) is:

“To feel comfortable in my clothes without ‘The Tard’”.

I have a confession to make – all my friends know it – it’ll be no surprise to any of them – I wear conforming shape wear under my clothes EVERYTIME I leave the house, EVERYDAY without exception. 

I have many variations – but they all do the same thing – they squish my flabby bits in tighter so I appear to be thinner than I actually am.  I wear them under EVERTHING!!  At work, under my scrubs, I wear a full leotard version which my work mates have dubbed “The Tard”. 

I HATE the feeling of how my flabby bits wobble when I walk, when I’m not wearing  my shapewear – so I simply always wear it.  I wear it to work under my scrubs, I wear it to school pick up, I wear it to the gym and to boot camp under my workout clothes – always, always, always.  So much so that when I was telling people last round that I wanted to lose 12kg – they were saying “From where?!” Nobody believed that I had 12kg to lose because no one knew what I really look like, no one EVER sees my actual body shape, no one would EVER catch a glimpse of the skin on my tummy. 

If I ever lift my arms and my top rides up – all you’ll see is black.  If I ever bend over and my pants ride down – you’ll NEVER see my butt crack – you’ll just see black.  At the gym I’ll usually have 2 or 3 layers on the top to prevent all the wobbling when I’m moving about and always 2 layers on the bottom.  I can’t wear tights because I hate the shape of my bum and thighs and I can’t wear just shorts because I hate how flabby my thighs are and I couldn’t stand to have anyone see them flopping about as I’m working out!! So I wear both – always tights or bike shorts with my shorts on over the top.

My best friend always says to me “Why are you still wearing those things!!??” she doesn’t think I need them – But I do, I would just be so ashamed if someone got a view of my flabby tummy or my chubby butt crack!! And not to mention the love handles over the top of every pair of pants I own – even though I have lost 10kg!!

So one of my goals for this round is to lose “The Tard” to lose the shapewear – to go to the gym with just my top on and not constantly be sweating it up in 2 or more layers!! To have reshaped my body enough that I will no longer feel the need to wear shapewear everyday, everywhere. 

I am looking forward to “Lean and Strong” re-shaping my body so I feel confident enough to go bare!!..... Or just wear one layer of clothing for a change!! (It’ll be a hell of a lot cooler in summer!!)

Here They Are: Soon the shapewear will be GONE!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is a big confession to make! Hats off! I must admit I wear tights under my running shorts but pretend that it is performance enhancing when in fact it's supposed to keep my wobbly bits in place (and prevent me from feeling like my pelvic floor is going to collapse!). Anyway, it's a great goal to strive towards. After all, we all should be feeling comfortable in our own skin! Best of luck Kate, xx Dhitri

    ReplyDelete