Friday 29 June 2012

SSS Week 4 - Beach Front Style!!

Usually I spend my SSS (Super Saturday Session) at the gym or at home...nothing beat today's SSS Location - Woolgoolga Beach Front!!

My new Holiday Fitness Friend and I took our girls for a ride to the park along the beach front and set up shop for a CRAZY CARD SSS.

I was so proud of my wee girl, riding all the way!!!

The landscape sure beat the walls of the gym, it was a glorious morning with the sun shining (finally!!) and the girls off in the park to play.  I'm not a beach goer myself, but it was a delighful sight and a good feeling to be warming up outdoors.




 Today's SSS was a CRAZY CARD workout - which went a little something like this.....

10min warm up walk/jog - we walked to the park.




Grab a pack of cards - shuffle (oh please shuffle) and split it into 2.

1st half of the deck:

Hearts = Sqaut Jumps
Spades = Push Ups
Diamonds = Over the Fence Jumps
Clubs = Plyo Lunges
Royals = Burpees

Peal over the card - what ever suit exposed is the exercise, whatever the number of the card is the reps of that exercise to be performed - Royals - always 10 Burpees. (oh Dear)
 

Eg. Draw the 7 of Hearts = 7 Squat Jumps.

Complete half the deck - rest for 2min -


Now its time for the 2nd half of the deck...
Hearts = Box Jumps

Spades = Mac Pushups
Diamonds = Over the Fence jumps
Clubs = Single leg squats
Royals = Burpees (again with the burpees!!)

10min Stair runs to finish the job!!

Ok....I'm ready.....




It was so much fun - hard...that's the point right??...But so much fun - and it was made HEAPS better by having company, for sure!! Although I'll never let her shuffle again!! Waaaay too many pushups and Burpees in a row for my liking!!...come to think of it there were a string of single leg squats in a row aswell!! Yep, I'll be shuffling next time for sure!!!



We didn't have a set of stairs for the stair run, so we ran up the ramp that takes you down to the beach and high-kee'ed it all the way back up (as if we had stairs) for the last 10mins.....we may have checled the timer 2 or 3 times - how long is 10mins!!!???

Needless to say it was a great workout and a great way to start the weekend!!



SSS Week 4 - Complete!!

We were so grateful for the girls - they were so so well behaved the whole time, joining in, turning over the cards, doing pushups and burpees and counting our reps while we slugged it out!!

If nothing else I am so proud that I am showing my kids how to live a fit and healthy lifestyle and I hope it stays with them for life!!



These 3 gorgeous girls deserved a hard earned icecream for their Super behaviour during our Super Session!!......none for us however - we are keeping those burnt calories in the bank!!

No comments:

Post a Comment