Friday 8 June 2012

Pirate Graduates

Last night I was home alone - a fri night watching catcp up TV on line - fun fun fun!! (note the sarcasm)

It was set to look like this....



I had no idea that I was about to have the most laughs I have had in a really loooong time!!

My Pirate friends (fellow 12WBT'ioners completing the Lean and Strong Program) were pulling out the one liners, witty comments and outrageously funny stories one after the other after the other Bam Bam Bam!!

Had me in stiches.  We could have all been in the same room with a drink in hand, the conversations were so quick and entertaining.  Laugh after laugh, sitting in front of my computer big smile on my face.

I haven't watched one of my favourite shows "New Girl" in ages, so I thought I'd entertain myself with a few laughs catching up on line - well turns out I was pausing the show to pop back and see what I was missing with the Pirates, because our conversation there was way more exciting.

I have never been involved in such an on-line family ever before.  For a group of people, strangers really, who are from all over the country and beyond, who all lead very differnt lives with very different personalities, to mesh so well, to be so in sync.....it amazes me and I am so pleased and proud to be apart of it.

We all came together with a common goal - to work our tails off (literally) doing L&S along side each other (well, as along side as people scattered all over can be), seeking advice, support and praise from each other.  We were looking for a safe place to be ourselves, share our progress and have someone to be there for us when the tough gets going.  This week has really opened my eyes to how amazing our bond has become.

I have never met a nicer, funnier, more supportive, non judgemental, driven, spectacular bunch of people - who are strangers no more!!

I absolutely love sharing my journey with my Pirates and I look forward to spending another 12 weeks with a handful of great people right by my side, spotting me through the next stage of my quest to find the best version of myself!!

A sample of Pirates, but certainly not all who make up the AMAZEBALLS bunch of people I now call my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment