Friday 8 June 2012

S.S.S #1

For all those who live with me in 12WBT Land and those who follow my blog - you'd be familar with the term S.S.S.


If you don't let me briefly explain an S.S.S is a Super Saturday Session.  Michelle sets us out a massive training plan designed to smash up big calories on a Saturday so we can enjoy a treat meal on Saturday and a rest day on Sunday - guilt free!!


So ever since last Sunday when I was putting my weekly plan together, cutting and pasting the plans into my workout book and first spied the plan for this weeks SSS - I have been dreading it - scared of it.


My alarm went off this morning at 5am "Get Up for the Gym"  - got up....thought about the SSS and fell onto the couch.....thinking....negotiating with myself....I climbed back into bed holding onto a list of acceptable excuses:


1. I went to bed way too late last night, I've had 5hours sleep, if I stay awake now I will be up all day, I'm working tonight, it'll be midnight before I'm back to bed....I can't do that to myself!!
2. My husband, who has been away, is in my bed, warm, snuggly, home!!!
3. I can do it later.....

(Ps the spooning cuddles were very nice thank you very much!! My Favourite!!)


So 7am comes, up I get for the second time - Had a Protein Pre Workout Shake (after some advice this week from a trusted Pirate)


Oh Dear - now that I've had this shake I will need to wait at least an hour before smashing out that SSS, maybe I could some time on facebook talking about the SSS and how afraid I am of it with the Pirates....ooohhh little bit of dress shopping on line.....


ok ok it's been an hour...


Right so I'm down stairs, the kids are in front of a DVD - lets hit this thing, this beast, this monkey on my back!!

....it went a little something like this....


  • 60 Burpees
  • 60 Hip Raises
  • 60 Side Planks
  • 60 Mountain Climbers
  • 60 Sumo Squats
  • 60 Tricep Dips
  • 60 Plyometric Lunges
  • 60 Push Ups
  • 60 Double Crunches
  • 60sec Wall Sit
  • Hill Program on the Treadmil up over the hour then
  • 60sec of Ski Jumps
I lived!! Turns out I LOVED IT!! I especially loved the hills on the treadmil - I always go in a straight line on the same incline (ie - 1%) when I'm running so to feel the burn in my legs as I was running at 8km/hr with the incline at 10% was AWESOME! I was actually visualising my bum getting smaller with every painful step!!


Well it was a good workout - Traditionally the old SSS is supposed to take you up to 1000cal - and this time last year I would have burned that and more but today I got to 602cal which I am happy with. One half of my brain says I should have kept going to reach my 1000 - the other half was chanting "rest, rest, rest, breakfast, rest, water, water!!!"




So rest I did. Feeling Great!!


As great as I feel I still only have 1 thing to say......






Well certainly everyone who partook in that SSS today!!



No comments:

Post a Comment