Monday 2 July 2012

More than meets the eye!!

This morning I write this post on the wall of a 12WBT facebook group I am apart of....

I have been so down lately in regards to "how far I have to go", only seeing this ring of fat around my midsection like a floatie and my squishy flabby bum and thighs....and then along came a lady named Mary Crea and she said to me

"You are a wonderful person Kate, your round stomach does not define you"

....ding ding ding (that could be the penny dropping or the light bulb moment you can hear)... I bloody am more than a round tummy - more than a work in progress, seemingly 100miles from my goals!!

Every day, between working hard to reduce my floatie ring, I am a fabulous mother (really, I'm not just saying that - I really am a great mum), an adoring, patient, supportive wife, I am a decent human being with solid wholesome values, I am creative, I am strong, I am determined, hard working, funny (even though my husband would beg to differ on that one), I am a great friend, sister and daughter, I AM more than my floatie ring - so I will REFUSE to let it define my mood, my day, my mindset or or life!!

*******

I felt so empowered coming to this conclusion.  The 12WBT is all about creating the very best version of myself - not specific to the best body ever or the skiniest or fittest body!!

Of course I will continue to strive full pelt towards my goals - I just have to acknowledge that thinking about it, consuming myself with it, might not be the best way to go about achieving the best version of myself that I am wanting to create!!



I am the one who must remember this the most!!


*******


Here's my Mean Abs,  Tuff But Workout of the Day.....just keeping myself accountable here!!



No comments:

Post a Comment