Wednesday 4 July 2012

Loving my Holidays!!

I have been down in Coffs for one whole week and I have absolutely LOVED every minute of it!!

Day 1 came with week 4's weigh in and measure up - and it was bad news - I was a kilo up on the scales and my waste and hip measurements were also up on the tape!! How!!??

So day one of holidays and I set myself the goal to lose that sucker 1kg and didn't give up on it all week!!! (ok there was that one incident involving a Banana Split at the Big Banana....). This last week I have had some great workouts that went a little something like this...

Wed - Gym am + Gym pm
Thurs - Gym am + Road Run pm
Fri - Gym am + Road Run pm
Sat - SSS on the Beach front
Sun - Hill run
Mon - CrossFit 530am +  Gym 10am
Tues - CrossFit 530am + Body weight exercises Midday + Gym pm
Wed - Road Run 5km + Caravan Strength workout pm

I weighed in this morning - 900g down!! 100g short but I don't care because I really trained hard and am proud of all the work I did.

This afternoon after my 5km hill run this morning, I couldn't face the gym again at 9am - so i packed some lunches, threw the kids on their bikes and headed off for the 1km walk to the beach front - promising myself that I would go off to the gym in the evening......

Evening came and my youngest wee girl was too tired and too needy and needed her Mummy, I knew that making her sit in the play room at the gym would be too unfair. 

Wednesday is Stretch, Core and Balance day in the Lean and Strong Program, and given that I had my cardio in the bag, I decided to stay in the Caravan and attempt to do the workout in house!!

Well it was harder than I thought, maintaining balance on my bed, but I did my best and was pleased that I didn't use a whingy child as an excuse to miss my training from the program.  I notoriously flake out on the Wednesday core exercises, do the abs and then head off for some cardio so another pat on the back for me for sticking with it today I think!!

The kids helped me count reps and did some stretching and core work themselves - I absolutely love it when they want to train with me and they see that I try my best to live a healthy, active life!!

My official blog photographer captured some of my session, up on my bed in the Caravan - wearing my State of Origin shirt of course!!

Go Queensland!!!
Child's Pose
Kneeling Core and Balance
Crunches

Side Taps

Side Plank Raises and Holds

Double Crunch
Plank

Lets's not forget My Mean Abs, Tuff Butt for the Day...

No comments:

Post a Comment